Blue Sun is a turn-based space strategy/tactical game that I have been developing for a few years.
Unfortunately, I have stopped working on this project despite how far I got with it.
I still like the concept and ideas so who knows… perhaps I will get back to this or make a new version as I believe the game would’ve been interesting if it got further than this while receiving some improvements.
At the point I halted development of Blue Sun it was playable with one of the three races almost finished.
You can download the latest beta version I had at the old forum of the game.
Here are some most important features I had planned:
- Turn-based game on a hexagonal board.
- Standard features from RTS games like unit production, colonization, resource mining and researches.
- Modernization of units. Finished research is not enough. Units need to return to a unit capable of modernizing them to receive the upgrades.
- Resources need to be transported from the mining operation to factories.
- Each unit has its expirience level. Higher level units get much more efficient at anything they do. It is possible to train units at academy ships/stations.
- Three races with their own unique, different play style and tactics.
- Ability to steal unit designs and technologies of other races.
- High tactical complexity requiring effective economy, organisation, intelligence, formations, planning, mind-reading and sabotage.
- Random events during games, e.g. meteroid showers, neutral resource convoys, ships calling for rescue, appearance of hostile space creatures, pirates, etc.
- Campaign mode with a story and illustrations.
- Multiplayer, skirmish and hot-seat mode.
- Running game in a window, allowing player to do something else while playing (or play while doing something else) and waiting for opponents movement.